Re: gnome panel gone haywire :(

adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com on 06/07/05 13:35, wrote:
I was just moving my menu panel to the right-hand side and I was
trying to adjust its width (or height as it would have been while on
the bottom side).

There is a dialog box with a increment control to set the value, and
while I was scrolling this up, the menu panel went crazy, started
flashing black and white 4 or 5 times a second, maxed out the CPU and
from that point, I could enter any commands and none of my mouse
clicks registered.

solved it, panic over.

I don't know why but gconf process had been running the whole time while I was trying to fix it - so every time I deleted the .gconf directory, it rewrote it - I don't know the hows or whys but I fixed it now.

Pesky desktop.

--
Linux 2.6.11 Debian