KDE display seems WAY too big

For some reason one of the user accounts on my system seems to have messed up
it's display settings.  I have looked everywhere in the settings to see if i
could get it back to normal but haven't managed.  It looks as though the
resolution is set too low (everything is huge)  but when i look at the
settings in the control center it says that it's set to 1024x768 which is the
same as all the others.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where i
could go from here ?