Re: dvd playback problems - dma, udev, 2.6 kernel

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:06:44 +0100
Branden Faulls <bfaulls@omphe.com> wrote:

> hdc:command error: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete
> Error}
> hdc: command error: error=0x54{AbortedCommand
> LastFailedSense=0x05}

media issues? i.e. clean the disk? Does it happen on a large number of
commercial dvds, or only a select few?

personally, I've noticed recently that a number of DVDs won't even load
in my 2 yr old drive (Toshiba SD 1312) but load fine in the dvd writer
I just purchased this weekend. I find that kind of odd, - the drive
light just stays on in the Toshiba. Maybe it's a sign that the heads
need cleaning or something :).

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.