Re: Accessing a program started in another term

Almut Behrens wrote:

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 04:29:50PM -0500, Colin Ingram wrote:
Lets say, I'm at work and I start a remote session for an interactive program, like octave. Then I go home with and my remote terminal session and the octave program are still running at work. Is there a way for me to take control of that terminal and interact with the running octave program? I use octave as an example but I'm looking for solution (if it exists) that would be generally applicable.

You most likely want 'screen'.  Very useful tool in many respects...

Almut

screen is exactly what I want.  Thanks!