Re: Can't upgrade from woody to sarge (sources.list problem?)

Adam Fabian wrote:
> I have Debian installed on my xbox.  It's Xebian 1.01, or something like
> that.  As nearly as I can tell, it's exactly the same as woody except
> that the kernel is a 2.4 kernel with xbox patches, and a backported
> version of XFree86 4.3.0, and some customized configuration files.

> Anyway, my point being that I'm pretty sure it's almost pure woody and
> looks a lot more like a customized Debian than a derived distribution.

> So, my sources list looks like this:

> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib
     ^^^^
Lines with deb-src point to the source code for the packages, not to the
packages. You need them only if you want to build your own packages.
If you just want to install the packages from the debian mirror you have
to use "deb" instead of "deb-src".

--
Thomas Weinbrenner