From: Martin Dickopp [mailto:martin@zero-based.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:16 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: X11 includes and xplanet

"James C. Hall, MD" <heartdoc@nwtcc.com> writes:

> At the point I run make, it errors out complaining that several X11
> includes are not found. [...] After going through my system a bit, he
> felt that several files were missing from my X Windows setup.

Install the package(s) which contain(s) the missing files. You'll need
at least the 'libx11-dev' package. The "Search the contents of packages"
form at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents can help
you to identify which packages contain other files that you might need.

> I couldn't just apt-get xplanet, unfortunately.

Why not?

Martin