X11 includes and xplanet

Hello All:

I'm new to Debian and Linux in general but I have a functioning Sarge
machine at my office that I enjoy. One of my avocations is ham radio and,
specifically, satellites. I have been able to get Predict and gsat working
nicely. I have however run into problems getting xplanet to work. At the
point I run make, it errors out complaining that several X11 includes are
not found. I talked to the writer of the Predict software - he has a
separate program, earthtrack, that invokes xplanet with the satellites from
Predict. After going through my system a bit, he felt that several files
were missing from my X Windows setup. Please forgive me for a lack of
precision here since I am at home on my windoze laptop.

I couldn't just apt-get xplanet, unfortunately. Is there a way to 'fix' my X
windows so that the appropriate includes are where they should be ? (I'm
guessing /usr/include/X11).

Jamie