Re: Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 1210SA

On 30 Jun 2005, at 4:21 PM, Jonathan Opperman wrote:

On 30 Jun 2005, at 1:30 PM, Jonathan Opperman wrote:

On 17 Jun 2005, at 12:24 AM, Wolfgang Schulze-Zachau wrote:

Hi all,

Is there any further development planned regarding the adaptec 1210SA adapter ? I would be seriously interested in buying this if there is a way to make it work under debian

Regards
Wolfgang Schulze-Zachau
Manticore Software Ltd

Hi all,

I do not see any responses to Wolfgang, i also want to know if someone among us did ever in their existence get this working. I don't want to buy the card if I can not install Debian ( I want to use debian-31r0a-i386-netinst.iso).

I would appreciate any comments or stories about this please?

Thanks,

Regards,

Jono

Is the answer perhaps:

It's not hardware RAID. It is software RAID, provided by the BIOS on the card.?

If anyone cares to answer.

Maybe dmraid?

As per http://tienstra4.flatnet.tudelft.nl/~gerte/gen2dmraid/ ?

Are all the "gurus" asleep? :)