Re: question about sarge and Sony Vaio PCG V505 EX

On 30.06.05 01:31, Almut Behrens wrote:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 03:06:54PM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to install sarge in a Sony Vaio PCG V505 EX laptop. I didn't find
> anything about it in the list. Besides, in the site
> http://www.linux-laptop.net/ there is only information about woody and
> gentoo on a Vaio PCG V505 BX...  Does anybody in this list have any
> experience with sarge and PCG V505 EX?

I don't have any experience with the PCG V505 EX, but I'd think if it's
supposed to work with woody, things should be fine with sarge, too.
Generally, hardware support is improving over time...

So, if you already own the Vaio, why not simply try to install?
OTOH, if you're still pondering about whether to purchase it... well,
then better not take my words as any kind of promise whatsoever! :)

Almut

Thank you very much for the answer. In fact, I own the Vaio. I asked just in case I need to do something magical in order to install sage. But you are right, if it work with woody then it should work with sarge....

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Chiapparini
DFT-IF/UERJ