installing sarge to lvm

I'm confused by the sarge installer. I have a single 250g hard drive
that I would like to manage entirely with lvm. The installer wants to
partition the drive *before* configuring lvm but I thought that
partitions existed within the lvm. Have I misunderstood? How should I do
the initial partitioning? Do I setup a small boot and then the rest as
root?

--
Clay is moulded to make a vessel, but the utility of the vessel lies in the
space where there is nothing. Thus, taking advantage of what is, we