Re: torrents

On Wednesday June 29 2005 12:36 pm, Jessica Kong wrote:
> Hello. I found your e-mail on a website, and I hope you could help
> me. I downloaded the torrent file and have it saved. But when I
> tried to open it, it either say it could not open and I should try
> to install it again or that Windows Media player does not support
> the file or the codec. This happened so many times, even when I
> tried to download the torrent again. Can you please help me fix it?

The .torrent file is a lot like a symbolic link or a Windows shortcut:
It only points to where the real content is.  You need a bittorrent
program to open the .torrent file, which will download the content
you're really after at that point.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca