Perl upgrade risks

	Hello!

I have a Debian Woody server running a lot of services such as cyrus/postfix, apache, mysql-server, jabberd2, and more... Such as a good woody system, my Perl is 5.6.1, and there are tons of scripts that I made and even normal system scripts that uses this perl version. Now I'll install a software (bandersnatch, for jabberd2 chat logging) that needs Perl 5.8.0 a least.

Well, I can pinning the system to woody/oldstable and upgrade only Perl to 5.8.7 (stable), but my question is: Will such Perl upgrade (from 5.6.1 to 5.8.7) break some old script?

This is a production server and I have to be sure that I can do it. I already googled, searched deb-mail-lists but Im not yet sure aboute it.

	Thank you
	Tom