Re: startx , the command not found

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 12:57:12AM +0700, Khanh Cao Van wrote:
> I've install debian 3.1 and then use apt to install gnome and
> xserverfreex86 . Everything seem to be ok since the system guide me to
> config manything such as graphic card , resolusion etc . But when I
> type startx , nothing happend except the error the command not found .

If I had to guess offhand, I'd bet that startx isn't in your
PATH. Which would be odd, given that startx is in /usr/bin.
So try this:

ls -la /usr/bin/startx

at the command line and see what you get.

If nothing is listed there, then ... um ... that's a
problem. We'll cross that bridge etc.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org