Re: wajig broken in unstable?

On (29/06/05 11:09), Anthony Campbell wrote:
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> From: Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk>
> Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:09:18 +0100
> Subject: Re: wajig broken in unstable?
>
> On 29 Jun 2005, Graham Williams wrote:
> > Received Wed 29 Jun 2005  7:39pm +1000 from Anthony Campbell:
> > > I found that wajig disappeared here after an update to unstable a couple
> > > of days ago and attempts to reintall it are greeted with the message
> > > that it has unmet dependencies and I should file a bug report. However,
> > > bug reporting seems to be failing on Debian at present.
> > >
> > > Not sure what is happening here.
> >
> > Hi Anthony. Any more specific details? What is it dependent on that is
> > failing? I presume you might be using sarge (stable) and have upgraded
> > to unstable? Did you use wajig to do this?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Graham
> >

> No, I've been following unstable for many months. In fact, I discovered
> that synaptic and aptitude had also been removed, but I've reinstalled
> those without problems. I've been using wajig routinely for some time.
>
> The message I get now is:
>

> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   wajig: Depends: python-apt but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages

I'm coming in late on this.  Aptitude threatened to remove itself here
(sid) during the last couple of upgrades because apt and apt-utils were
being upgraded but aptitude is dependant on the currently installed
version; so I held apt and apt-utils.

I suspect that you're seeing this behaviour because you've upgraded
these to 0.6.38 but synaptic/aptitude depend on 0.5.28.6.

You could downgrade these two packages manually to rectify the problem
perhaps?

Regards

Clive

--