Re: tune linux ip stack?

On 6/28/05, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:
> Stefhen Hovland wrote:
> > Actually I did ask them this via their giganews.general newsgroup and one
> > of the staff members stated that they do not do any type of rate limiting
> > on any accounts, so that I believe shouldn't be the issue. I also was
> > wondering that myself..
>
>     Heh, ok.  Just checking all the obvious.  Sometimes I've missed an obvious
> reason that the list here pointed out to me through due diligance of asking
> it.  Uhm... beyond that though, no clue.  Sorry.  :(

Thats ok...I am waiting to get a call back from a tier2 comcast person
today or tomorrow to see if they can tell me anything useful. I am
thinking since the speed upgrade they probably re ip'd my subnet and
now whatever network segment I'm now on has more traffic, which is
making my net connection slower than it used to be.