Re: How do i find dynamic IP assigned?

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 16:39, Valeriu Cerchez wrote:
> I'm trying to find out a(/n easy) way to determine
> what is my dynamic IP assigned by my ISP (not my
> internal DHCP). I wish to make a script to determine
> that by request.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any suggestion.
> Thanks, Val.

This is old, I know, but, this pops up every so often and will be useful for
the archives again (I believe).

I have made a kludge of scripts to allow for easy, *automated* checking of
your ip address.[1]

PostIP
http://dwdraw.homeunix.org/postip/postip-2005june28.tar.gz

FEATURES:
Email notification of address changes
Easy integration with dyndns accounts (or anything else supported by
ez-ipupdate)
Logging of address changes
Current address always stored in one file (ip)

INSTALL:
Basically, copy the files somewhere, tell the script where the files are, and
set permissions to allow your favourite user to run the script (and change
the log files). (If you choose to use ez-ipupdate, then tell dpkg NOT to run
it as daemon.)

Debian Packages:
DEPENDS: sed, net-tools, coreutils
STRONGLY RECOMMENDS: cron, curl, mailx
RECOMMENDS: ez-ipupdate [and dyndns account (or anything else supported by
ez-ipupdate[2])]

[1] http://dwdraw.homeunix.org/postip
[2] http://ez-ipudpate.com