Re: Upgrading from mysql 4.0 to mysql 4.1

stud rocket wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>What's the best way to upgrade from an existing MySQL 4.0 install to
>MySQL 4.1?  I'm running etch, and I have a number of existing
>databases and database users that I want to smoothly upgrade.
>
>I noticed the 4.0 and 4.1 packages conflict, so can I just remove 4.0
>and install 4.1?

1. Backup all databases. `man mysqldump` will help you here
2. Upgrade to 4.1
3. Purge 4.0 (a little while back this step used to remove the databases
for 4.1 as well, but it should be fixed now).
4. You may need to run /usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables. On second
though, you probably should run that script :)

- Adam