Re: debian - matlab platform

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 19:28 +0200, roberto wrote:
> --- michael <linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk> ha scritto:
> > On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 17:19 +0200, roberto wrote:
> > > Hello
> > > while using matlab 6.0 under debian sarge i receive the following message if trying to open
> > the
> > > workspace browser:

> > > ??? Error using ==> workspace
> > > The Workspace browser is not supported on this platform.
> > > >>

> > > what is it exactly?
> > >

> > an area to look at values of variables, arrays and so on - see matlab
> > web pages etc for more info
> i didn't mean what the workspace is, but what is the problem.....

I've not them to hand but
a) can you confirm which release you are using (R12 or R14 or what)?
b) can you check what the release notes for your release say about
workspace browser support for (i) linux & (ii) debian

eg up to R11 I believe there was not support for workspace for many unix
flavours (google for more!)