Re: Merging workstation and server systems

michael@etalon.net wrote:

> Why not just run sarge for everything?
> So then why the need to run etch packages
> for logged in users?

No one knows how long it will take before etch becomes stable. I don't want
to run old software for workstation desktop users (sarge will be ancient in
three years...).
But I also don't want to run testing or unstable for server tasks.
I also don't want to enter the backporting hell, that's why I want to run
separate sarge and etch* simultaneously, with etch possibly in a chroot.

*Or possibly Ubuntu or another Debian desktop distro