Sound Blaster Live 24bit Model: SB0410 Chip CA0106

Hi Debian:

Funny story here. I bought this card because I thought the onboard audio of my new mobo (EPOX EP-8VTAI) would be hard to configure.

It's the other way around: the onboard is a dream, the card is junk.

You have to get the latest Alsa (2.4.x) or 2.6.11 to get the CA0106 driver.

Then your run alsaconf and he finds it.

But then...

Only one of the volume controls works and the sound is terrible: it has jumps in it. You have to hear it to believe it.

Note this is the model SB0410 (is on the back) the large chip has CA0106 imprinted on it. Do not get this!

Hugo