Re: a2ps printing .ps files?

Marco Calviani wrote:
Hi Hugo,
 can you describe your problem?

Regards,
MC

Yes, I realized after I posted that the question was wrongly posed.

My problem is stated in another (unanswered) post: I am using a deskjet plus HP printer that I bought in 1990. Used on M$ in the pre-Debian era. Stored, and recently resurrected.

It prints consistently outside of its margins, leaving out parts of what is requested to be printed. I.e. printing with gv does not work right.

a2ps offers a, thusfar partial, answer to this problem because it alows you to redefine the margins.

What I was trying to do with the .ps file is have Mozilla print to file, because when it does not, it prints outside the margins, then have a2ps print the file with redefined margins.

Thusfar no luck.

Another angle might be not to use Xprint, I think, but I have to do that on another partition, I don't want to mess up this one.

Thanks for answering.

Hugo