Re: Random Crashing KMail

On Friday 06 May 2005 11.33, Mr Mike wrote:
> Is there any documentated problems with KMail random crashes?  It is
> quite annoying...  I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason for them and
> they aren't doing any real damange to my system.  I just restart it and
> it runs for a while but a wrong click here or a delete there or move to
> trash ...  and it goes on and on...  just nothing I can really hang a
> hat on to come up with any type of solution...
>
> anyone care to offer some troubleshooting tips?

If I recall my KMail kept crashing on me when I had installed an IMAP
server and had visited the Maildir folders with Konqueror with hidden
files turned on. That (or something like that) creates this hidden file
called .directory in each directory, and KMail (or the IMAP server or
whatever) apparently had problem with that. Deleting those files from the
IMAP/Maildir directories solved the problem. Sounds weird I know but I
think that's what happened.

--
Olle Eriksson
mail@olle-eriksson.com | http://www.olle-eriksson.com