Crypto File System: Necessary patches

I got the following warning trying to create a
crypto file system in hda10 partition of my
hard disk:  I did ->

modprobe cryptoloop
modprobe aes

losetup -e aes-256 /dev/loop0 /dev/hda10
Password: xxxxxxxx
ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument

I have a PowerPC kernel 2.6.8,util-linux 2.12,and
according the cryptoloop-HOWTO these patches must
be applied: losetup-combined.patch and
            util-linux-2.12-kernel-2.6.patch

The latest cryptoloop-HOWTO was published more
than a year ago,and this is almost certainly
a patch problem,so I suppose that these patches
were not already applied.Where can I find a
trusted (trusted signature) version of these
patches?