Re: Debian on xSeries (x266)?

Hi Paolo, @world;

Paolo Alexis Falcone schrieb:

>>Unfortunately, I can't have any of those machines for testing purposes
>>and google isn't that verbose on that topic, as well, so: Anyone around
>>here running Debian on the x226? Will Debian work on that servers? Are
>>there any pitfalls I should worry about?
>>

>The x226 is not really that exotic. It's still x86 (although a recent
>model). Sarge should still run just fine on this model, whether you'd
>run it in 32bit or 64bit mode.

Thanks for the quick response. :) Actually I was looking through the
specifications of x226 and also found it to be quite "normal" x86
hardware; even though, I'm always in doubt about some server specific
things like RAID or gigabit ethernet; most notably I read quite some
disturbing facts in a German debian forum about the IBM ServeRAID 7e
controller. Any hints on those, anyone? :)

TIA and bye,
Kris/

--
Kristian Rink 	-- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden