mplayer plugin for firefox

Hi,

I also wanted to have the mplayer plugin for the Mozilla (more exactly
Firefox) browser to be able to view quicktime movies and possibly listen
to internet radios. However, installing the mozilla-mplayer package and
trying to view the movie trailers on apple.com, my browser simply
crashes gracelessly, without saying a word. Has anyone come across this
thing or could help?

Thank you,
Balint

Martin McCormick wrote:
Piero Piutti writes:

All you need is mplayer, the w32codecs and mozilla-mplayer (aka mplayerplug-in). It will work as a charm: tested with the Quicktime trailers on Apple's website.

	I second that.  I installed  MPlayer-1.0pre7 and the codecs
directory that one should also install and am amazed how well it
works.  I mainly use it to listen to streaming audio from various
radio stations.  As a computer user who happens to be blind, I do not
run X yet because it is not quite ready for prime time so I was amazed
to find that I could even listen to some TV audio.  I tried solent.tv
which is in the Isle of White in the UK and was able to listen to the
audio of a recent newscast.  It was a .wvx file and I have no idea
whether or not there are PAL/NTSC/SECAM issues or not.  The sound was
not terribly good but it didn't sound broken in any way.  The codec
gave it a hollow well sort of effect, but the voices and music were
the correct pitch and probably sounded like that on any computer
accessing the broadcast.

	MP3 streams and Windows audio streams sound anywhere from
perfect to pretty good depending upon the sampling rate.