Re: SoundCard Problem

En/La ankur.kumar@axa.com.au ha escrit, a 24/06/05 03:20:

> tried compiling latest alsa source...downloaded kernel source ...
> but make doesn't work ...complains about some memory allocation issues,
> in coda.h and some other header files..
> any ideas???

What kernel are you using? Is it 2.6.x? In any event it seems the
simplest solution is to reinstall your kernel or upgrade it to
2.6.something if it's a 2.4 kernel. Read the archives about how to do
this. When you've done that make sure you have the package alsa-utils
and follow the directions given earlier. The alsa driver snd_intel8x0 is
very commonly used so I wouldn't expect you to have all this trouble.
Cheers,
Jonathan
PS please don't cc: to my personal address; it's not nice.