Re: Linux Driver For PostgreSQL .......

On Thursday 23 Jun 2005 22:33, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> With a Java client application you can use JDBC.
> With a Microsoft Application you can use ODBC.

These are database abstraction layers.

> I would like to write a client application in GNOME witha GTK GUI.
> What driver would I use in this case?

GNOME's DB abstraction layer is called GNOMEDB.  Your preferred programming
language may also have various options available.  Python includes a DB
abstraction layer called DB-API, for instance, while for C++ there are
options like libsqlxx, and Perl has Perl-DBI.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.