Re: Kde-KNotify Problem

David Martínez Moreno wrote:

El Martes, 21 de Junio de 2005 19:43, Debian User Leonard Chatagnier escribió:
Background-After an apt-get dist-upgrade from woody to sarge-stable
encountered many dependency issues.
Xserver-xfree86, kdm and many others were not installed.  Ater manually
installing xserver-xfree86, kdm and the
kde package files and getting X started, I've these unresolved issues:
[...]
I would most appreciate any explanation of what's happened here and how
I might fix it.  As a newbie, I'm at the limit
of my debugging ability and need some help to proceed.  Thanks in
advance for your consideration.

Hello, Leonard. Please back up your .kde/ and .kderc, remove them and reboot. Maybe it is an upgrade problem with incompatible configurations.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
Thanks, David and Lee for your input. Couldn't have done it without yor help. The problem was solved by removing .kde/* and .kderc from my /home/user/ dir. It also made my numeric keypad start working again. And I presume that it's not necessary to copy the backup .kde/* and .kderc files back to /home/user/ or is it. Would appreciate one last comment on this,ie., am I losing any functionality or just configuration info by not
copying them back.
Thanks very much,

Leonard