Re: Setting up a Java development environment the debian way.

Le mercredi 22 juin 2005 à 17:20 +0100, Alan Chandler a écrit :
> On Wednesday 22 June 2005 12:24, Adam Hardy wrote:
> > I use JBoss, Tomcat, Sun JDK, Eclipse, ant (or
> > maven) and I have no issues.
> >

> I am beginning to get a picture.  But one thing is still confusing me on the
> server end.
>
> What is the difference between JBoss and Tomcat.  The JBoss web site seems to
> imply that JBoss incorporates Tomcat.  What extra does it give, and will I
> need it.

Basically, Tomcat is a servlet container : it handles JSP (so called
Java Server Pages).

JBoss brings the full J2EE stuff, javabeans. (my god !). It comes with
its own Tomcat probably because of the sheer complexity of Tomcat/Jboss
interaction.

> --
> Alan Chandler
> http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk