Re: mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs' [SOLVED]

> >When I try to mount an NFS filesystem, I get this error:
> >
> >mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'
>
> Do a `grep nfs /proc/filesystems' and see what you get back. This will
> let you know if currently there is nfs support.
>
> If nothing, try `modprobe nfs' and give it another shot. If that doesn't
> work, make sure that NFS client support was actually included with your
> kernel build.
>
> Is your kernel custom, debian built, etc?

This thread is a little stale, but I wanted to post the solution to my
original problem.

The kernel I was using was 2.4.26-bf2.4. I'm not sure exactly where
that came from, but when I upgraded to 2.4.27, my problems went
away. So, NFS support was obviously not compiled into 2.4.26-bf2.4,
but it was in 2.4.27.

Thanks to all for your helpful replies.

--df