Re: .aptitude/config and Automatic Cache Deletion

  mm> Look in /etc/apt/apt.con :
  mm> APT::Clean-Installed "false";
  mm> or true

>From apt.conf(5):

       Clean-Installed Defaults to on. When turned on the autoclean
       feature will remove any packages which can no longer be
       downloaded from the cache.  If turned off then packages that
       are locally installed are also excluded from cleaning - but
       note that APT provides no direct means to reinstall them.

>From aptitude(8):

       autoclean   Removes any cached packages which can no longer be
       downloaded. This allows you to prevent a cache from growing out
       of control over time without completely emptying it.

'Autoclean' doesn't seem to be quite what I used in the past.  My
previous setup removed *all* files from the cache once installed ... I
*want* to "completely empty it".

Thanks for the prompt reply!

  -Kenneth