Rescue disk?

Hi!

I am facing a "little" problem with my Sarge install.
I was an happy Woody user for a long time, and I need to do a fresh install of
Sarge on a computer with BIOS problem. This computer ran Woody without any
problem, but I have received a new hard disk for this one, on which I would like
to install Sarge.
The problem : the new hard disk is too big to be correctly recognized by the
BIOS, so I disabled it in the BIOS configuration. I have burned Sarge 3.1
netinst CD, and ran the install without any problem, with Grub on /dev/hda (the
new hard disk). This computer has no floppy drive : only CD-ROM drive.
I booted the computer on the CD-ROM drive, using the well known (for me, under
Woody) commando by lilo prompt : rescue root=/dev/hda1
But this time, it does not function.

Is there any rescue possibility in Sarge?
I have read there about Tomsrbt or Damn Small Linux to repair problem with
MBR/Grub : but I am not looking for such a solution, but only a convenient
method to boot on a CD and then use /dev/hda1 as root.

I thank you in advance for any tip,

Sylvain.