8B2A Set Encode Error - Anyone??

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to figure this one out for a long time now.  When
using 'iwconfig' to enable the WEP key for my wireless adapter, I get
the following:

8B2A (Set Encode) - Operation not Supported

Does anyone know what causes this message?  I found by searching
google that it is a common problem but I have not found a working
solution yet.

I use ndis-wrapper, I tried their mailing list a while ago and never
heard back from them.  Not sure if this issue has to do with
ndis-wrapper, or some missing kernel option/module, or something else
entirely...

Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated.

Chris