Re: udev screwed up IR Palm syncing (SOLVED)

Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> writes:

> I've found that moving to udev has screwed up my ability to sync over
> infrared.
> Can anyone offer any configuration help here?

Yup, I can ;-).

I added "ircomm_tty" to /etc/modules and pointed PILOTPORT to
/dev/ircomm0.

I suspect this had to less to do with udev as I originally suspected
and more to do with a recent kernel or irda-utils upgrade which
somehow stopped loading ircomm_tty. If anyone has any other thoughts
(or confirmations) on why IR stopped working, please share.