Re: SquashFS

Clinton V. Weiss wrote:

Has anyone had any luck mounting a squashfs under Debian? I've got
packages squashfs-tools and kernel-patch-squashfs installed, and with
neither I can mount. Obviously, the latter requires me to recompile my
kernel with a patch - I'd rather not do that - I'm quite happy using
modules.

My searches have only revealed I should recompile the kernel applying
the patch, however, there must be a better way?

You need to grab the source for your kernel version (apt-get install kernel-source-`uname -r`, for example), install the kernel-patch-squashfs package, and use kernel-package to build a modules-image. If you use the same source version as your running kernel you shouldn't need to change it, afaik.