Re: Restricting kernel error messages to one tty

ephemeroot@bluebottle.com:

> After futzing around with my kernel config, I've managed to get
> iptables working. The problem is I get a lot of "Inbound IN=ppp0
> OUT= MAC= [etc]" messages on all tty's. I know how to
> eliminate the messages themselves.

That's good, I already forgot that! ;-)

> But, since I find them
> sometimes useful, I just want to restrict the messages to a
> single terminal of my choice, say tty6. How can this be done?

You may use the package console-log to display any logfile on a VT of
your choice. Default logfiles are syslog and exim's logfile, IIRC.

J.
--
Thy lyrics in pop songs seem to describe my life uncannily accurately.
[Agree]   [Disagree]