Re: cd -> iso

On 6/19/05, Strake <strake888@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried dd but the file it gave me is 222M and the cd has about 600-700M on it! What gives?

I also tried readcd but it gave me the following error:
readcd: Read-only file system. Cannot open '/dev/hdc'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
readcd: For possible targets try 'readcd -scanbus'.
readcd: For possible transport specifiers try 'readcd dev=help'.

On 6/18/05, ABrady < nala@kc.rr.com> wrote:
Rogério Brito wrote:

>On Jun 18 2005, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:
>

>>cp /dev/hdc image.iso
>>

>And yet another option for those interested in it is using the readcd
>program, available in the cdrecord package. The usage is something like
>this, under a 2.6 kernel:
>
>readcd dev=/dev/your/cd f=/where/you/want/your/image.iso
>
>This method is better than using plain cp or dd because readcd will try to
>do some error correction on the CD/DVD being duplicated.
>

>Hope this helps, Rogério.

Nice. I found out, though, that an error is generated concerning not
having exclusive access to it if the drive is mounted.

Another downside to automount.

--

Dogs crawl under fences. Software crawls under Windows.