Re: i need space in /root partition

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 09:44:17PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 02:13:01PM -0400, j j wrote:
> > well then i can install everything in /home/nwn and symlink it usr/local/nwn.
> > jj6419
> >

> What I did was to make /usr/local/games its own partition and install
> NWN into /usr/local/games/nwn and America's Army into
> /usr/local/games/armyops.  Back then I also had time to run more than
> one distro (dual-boot Debian/FreeBSD) and that let me access them in
> both.

O yeah,  I forgot one other thing.  You should really consider switching
to LVM.  It is really nice to be able to easily resize entire
partitions.  Additionally, since LVM logical volumes are not real
partitions, you can have as many as you want since you can create a
single partition on your harddrive to use as the physical volume.  That
means you are not limited by the IDE limitation on the number of
partitions.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez