Re: cd -> iso

well then you must figure out on which /dev/ special file corresponds to your cd-rom.
if you have IDE cdrom then its /dev/hd[a-z] something..

command : dmesg | grep hd

should give sufficient output to figure it out..

On 6/19/05, Strake <strake888@gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/18/05, Jochen Schulz < ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
Strake:

> I have a cd that i want to make an iso image of. How do i do this?

Everything is a file:

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=~/my-cdimage.iso

See manpage of dd for more options. When using dd, always be sure you
don't confuse if= (input file) and of= (output file). Typos can have
devastating effects, especially when you run this as root.

J.
--
Looking into my eyes is the only way you'll know I'm telling the truth.
[Agree]   [Disagree]

BodyID:3555333.2.n.logpart (stored separately)

dd: reading `/dev/cdrom': Input/output error

--
No place like ~/

--
http://www.axeltabs.com/