Re: Strange problem with Firefox and Mozilla [Solved]

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 06:19:17PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Paul E Condon wrote:
>
> >Suddenly, between yesterday and today, Firefox and Mozilla browser
> >have developed a problem with hotlinks, but only on the www.nytimes.com
> >web site. _And_, Firefox on a Mac and on a WinXP do not have the
> >problem. The problem is that double clicking on any of the titles
> >of news items does not actually lead anywhere. It should lead to
> >an detailed article. This works fine on both a WinXP and a Mac.
> >I am running Sarge, and it has been doing very well in all respects
> >until today when this happened. I have purged, and re-installed,
> >but the problem persists. Its a mozilla problem, and a NY Times
> >problem, and a Debian/Gnu/Linux problem. Where should I start on
> >more debugging?
> >

> When you say "hotlinks", can I assume you mean any links on the page?
>
> It works fine for me on my Sid box.
>
> Try a different browser, such as galeon or epiphany or Konqueror. Same
> problem?
>
> Clean out your cache. Restart Firefox. Maybe restart X (restarting the
> box is overkill). Try it as a different user.

I tried a different user and it worked as it should, so I reverted to
my real user name and deleted all the .mozilla and .firefox directories
and it started working as it should. I should have renamed the stuff
I deleted. Now I'll never know what about those files was bad

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net