Re: sound?

Shawn Yarbrough wrote:

alsaconf can't find any sound hardware.  Sound works perfectly under
Win XP.  I notice the sound hardware for the nForce 2 chipset (chip is
supposedly called intel8x0) is mentioned explicitly in modules.conf:

# Prevent abnormal drivers from grabbing index 0
options snd-intel8x0m index=-2

This is my first experience with ALSA, Sarge, and the 2.6 kernel so
I'm at a loss where to go from here.  Any other ideas you have might
be very helpful even if they are slim chances.

Thanks!