Re: gunzip and Unexpected EOF

Am Donnerstag, den 16.06.2005, 07:59 -0500 schrieb Martin McCormick:
> tar zxf otherfilesystem/root.tar.gz, things seemed to start for a
> while and then disaster!!!
>

> gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
> tar: Read 4489 bytes from /mnt/root.tar.gz

Some days ago I had a similar problem.
tar xzf file.tar.gz
did not work, even I was sure the archive should be OK.

I tried
gunzip file.gz
tar -xf file.tar

and it worked. Since gunzip has removed the original file, I could not
reproduce that nor do I understand it.

There's not much hope for you, but its worth a try.

Bye, Ratti

--
 -o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/