snmp

Hi guys,

i need to be able to remotely monitor a bunch of stuff on my network..
for services (http and what not) i'm using nagios, which is going
great. I also need to be able to monitor the disk usage, load, context
switches. on various hosts, so i was thinking snmp would be the best
way to go.  SNMP looks fairly intimidating however, and for a really
simple setup like mine i really don't want to read too many books.  Is
there any HOWTO's on how to setup a very simple (like just checking
disk usage/cpu) over the network?  tools to make this easier?  If
anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson