Re: Dual Boot with win me

klkl lklk <psncc1701@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

> I am going to use fips to split my windows partition and then make the

> root/swap partitions. Should I install LILO in the MBR or in the first

> sector of the boot partition. The last time, I installed it in the

> boot sector, now where? What are the diofferences?

> Thanks!

I created a multiboot setup a couple of weeks ago (XP, ME, DOS, and Debian).  The installer defaults to 'grub' instead of 'lilo', and that works very well IMHO.  If you have resized your ME partition before installing Debian, then the debian-installer should be able to install grub to your hard drive's MBR and create options for both Debian and ME for you.

Dave W.