Re: Remote administration of a server

Steve Garcia wrote:

You're pretty much correct -- the only really big problem is if
something gets so wedged that you have to hit the reset button.  If
there is someone you can call to ask them to hit the button for you, you
can handle everything else remotely with no trouble.

I will have people who can press reset button for me. This is not a problem.

If you have a fixed IP in China, it would be a good idea to
restrict ssh access to the server so that only that IP can connect.
I have ADSL connection without fixed IP, can I then set some kind of IP net mask to restrict access from other IP?

Mitja Podreka
http://mitja.kizej.net