Re: Cannot unsubcribe from mailing list

For once, copying the original poster on this reply.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 07:48:40AM +0200, Krause, Richard wrote:
> The unsubcribe mechanism seems to work wrong. I sent a unsubrcribe
> request and received the therafter included message. It looks as if the
> wrong message is being sent out when someone wants to unsubscribe. Any
> ideas how I can unsubscribe from the list now?

[snip]

> Your confirmation request was unsuccessful.  Please double-check the
> following and try again:

[snip]

Richard, you tried to unsubscribe using a different e-mail address than the
one that is in fact subscribed, or your spam filters blocked the
confirmation message so you never saw it.  When you unsubscribe from one of
the Debian lists, a confirmaion message with a unique string is mailed to
the address that's receiving the list messages, and the unsubscription isn't
official until that account confirms the action.

Otherwise anyone could unsubscribe you without your even realizing it
immediately.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading