Re: Sarge Upgrade DEBOCLE ! ! !

Am Mittwoch, den 15.06.2005, 15:52 -0500 schrieb Michael Martinell:
> > > From: Joerg Rossdeutscher [mailto:ratti@gesindel.de]
> > > AFAIK dselect gets removed from debian.
> > > apt-get is deprecated.
> > > aptitude is the tool to be used.

>  I sincerely hope that apt-get does not go away.  Aptitude has *a long*
>  ways to go before it is very useful to me.  It reminds me of dselect -
>  clumsy and not very efficient.  I could have a package found and installed
>  using apt-get before I even began to guess which subheading it is hiding
>  under in aptitude.  To me aptitude is just an unwanted step-child of
>  dselect - which I didn't like either.

I think you make a mistake...

aptitude has a Text-User-Interface if you start it without parameters
(and I agree: A nightmare of ASCII-graphics...)

But you can use aptitude on the commandline like apt:

aptitude update
aptitude dist-upgrade -s
aptitude reinstall apache2 php4 mysql

Bye,
Ratti

--
 -o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/