Re: Sarge Upgrade DEBOCLE ! ! !

Am Mittwoch, den 15.06.2005, 19:59 +0000 schrieb Andy Smith:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 09:15:23PM +0200, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:
> > apt-get is deprecated.
>
> Says who?  For a distribution upgrade, maybe, but I wasn't aware
> this was the case for day to day usage.

The release notes for sarge say that:

"
The sarge version of aptitude is the preferred program for package
management from console. It has proven to be better at dependency
resolution than apt-get. aptitude supports most command line operations
of apt-get. If you are still using dselect, you should also give
aptitude a try as frontend for package management.
"
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html

Bye,
Ratti

--
 -o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/