Re: How to install on SATA drives?

Quoting John Plate <plate@ache.dk>:

Hi

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens (Econel 50, Intel based) server with two SATA
drives.

The standard installation images (.iso files) cannot recognize the
drives. I believe that it does not contain the the libata and and
sata_sil modules and that is the reason.

How do I make a new installation CD with those modules included? The
modules are included in the 2.4.47 (and later) kernel.

Try grabbing the latest stable iso image from http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst

Then boot your machine off that CD and hit linux26 at the boot prompt.
Your sata drives should show up then.

Mike