Re: Exim4: disablign delay in flushing mail queues

Micha Feigin wrote:
When I use fetchmail to import my mail through exim4 it only flushes the first
few messages imidiatly and the rest are delayed quite a bit unless I do /etc/init.d/exim4 restart.
Any way to disable this behaviour with exim?
 This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
 at the Tel-Aviv University CC.

You can set a shorter time for a queuerunner to be started. Normally this is set at 30 minutes (-q30m). If you take a smaller number for that the queue should be cleaned quicker.
Or you can manually start a queuerunner (or several): qrun &
Check the exim site and the docs to see what options are dealing with the number of messages that will be handled in 1 go. I had to actually tune my system to only take 10 as it would slow my server to a crawl (spamassassin, clamv and so on) whenever a huge load
of mails came in.

Regards,
Benedict

--
Benedict Verheyen                   Debian User
http://www.heimdallitservices.be    Public Key 0x712CBB8D